By accessing and using this SSE Airtricity website (‘this website’), you agree that the following terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Terms’) shall apply:
- The content of this website has been prepared to provide general information about SSE Airtricity (which is a trading name for SSE Airtricity Energy Supply (Northern Ireland) Limited & SSE Airtricity Limited) (part of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group) (collectively referred to as the 'Scottish and Southern Energy Group', us or ‘we’), to those who access this website from the U.K or Ireland. Information contained within this website is not intended to constitute a technical specification, enter into any contractual relations nor provide advice or offer to sell or deal in any securities and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
- All rights, registered or unregistered including, without limitation, copyright, contained within this website and in the material published in it, belong to the Scottish and Southern Energy Group. Neither the trademarks, names, service marks, logos nor any other proprietary rights of any member within the Scottish and Southern Energy Group may be used in any way without the prior written consent of the relevant member and nothing in this website constitutes a licence to use any rights in any way except as expressly provided in paragraph 3 below.
- You may download and print any part of the material on this website provided that you shall only be entitled to use such material for your own personal and domestic use. However, you need to be aware that such material may have changed, may not be applicable and we are under no obligation to update such material. You agree not for yourself or through or by way of assistance to any third party to distribute, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deal in or with the website or materials therein or otherwise commercially exploit such material or content.
- We reserve the right to monitor and track your visits to this website.
- We process information about you in accordance with our privacy statement and by using this website, you consent to such processing and warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- The Scottish and Southern Energy Group reserves the right to change these Terms and any material, products or services and applicable terms to such products or services contained within this website at any time without notice. You are advised to review these Terms on a regular basis as you will be deemed to have accepted changes if you continue to use the website after such changes have been made.
- You agree that access to the website, use or reliance on any information contained within this website or access to hypertext links through this website is to be undertaken at your own risk as no representations or warranties of any kind whether express or implied are made and are hereby excluded to the extent permissible by law. Further and to the extent permissible by law, no member within the Scottish and Southern Energy Group shall be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the website, including without limitation, direct or indirect loss, consequential loss or damage or loss of profit, loss arising from use or loss of use, loss arising from any errors or omissions in the information contained in or referred to in this website and whether for breach of contract, in tort or delict (including without limitation, negligence).
- You agree not to damage, interfere with or disrupt access to this website or do anything which may interrupt or impair its functionality, not to make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, 'Trojan horses', 'worms' or any other harmful software, not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to this website, other services or computer systems or areas of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group’s networks which are identified as restricted.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining access to the internet in order to view this website and shall pay any service fees, telephone charges or other costs associated with such access.
- From time to time, we may provide hypertext links from this website to third party sites both within and outside the European Union. However, these sites are not in any way approved, checked, edited, vetted or recommended by the Scottish and Southern Energy Group and you agree that the Scottish and Southern Energy Group shall not be liable in any way for the content of such sites or for any dealings that you may have, or the consequences of such dealings, with such third party site operators. In particular you agree that any dealings you have with such third party site operators shall be on the terms and conditions (if any) of the third party operator.
- While certain precautions have been taken to detect computer viruses and ensure security, the Scottish and Southern Energy Group cannot guarantee that the website is virus-free and secure and the Scottish and Southern Energy Group shall not be liable for any loss or damage which occurs as a result of any virus or breach of security. You shall protect your computer systems from exposure to viruses by the use of anti-virus software, firewalls and any other technical measures necessary. The Scottish and Southern Energy Group gives no warranties as to the compatibility of the website with your computer systems, software and/or hardware.
- The Scottish and Southern Energy Group reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the website or your access to or use of the website with or without notice. The Scottish and Southern Energy Group have no liability to you for any loss or damage whatsoever in respect of any action it takes pursuant to this paragraph.
- Any reference to any product or service which has been or may be provided by the Scottish and Southern Energy Group does not amount to a promise that such product or service will be available at any time. Changes to or improvements in such products or services may be made at any time without notice.
- If you breach any of these Terms, your right to use this website shall cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you have made.
- These Terms are for the benefit of each member of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group and accordingly, may be relied upon and enforced by each of them individually or collectively.
- If any of these provisions should be determined unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of law then, to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that provision is found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deleted and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions which shall continue to be binding and in force.
- These specific Terms and any claims or disputes arising herein (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of either England and Wales, or Scotland or Ireland depending on the country from which access is made and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English, Scottish or Irish Courts whichever is applicable, although we also reserve the right to bring proceedings against you in your country of residence or any other relevant country. A failure or delay by the Scottish and Southern Energy Group in enforcing compliance with any provision of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that or any other provision of these Terms. None of these Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under these terms these Terms.
- In these Terms, unless specified to the contrary, use of the singular is deemed to include the plural, use of any gender is deemed to include every gender and any reference to a person is deemed to include a corporation, a partnership and any other body or entity and (in each case) vice versa.
If you do not agree to abide by these Terms you should not use this website in any way.