Code of Practice on Complaint Handling
We will resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
At SSE Airtricity we’re committed to offering the very best in customer service. Our Codes of Practice set down what our customers can expect from us. We aim to get it right first time, every time. However, we recognise sometimes things do go wrong. If this happens we’ll always deal with you openly and fairly to put things right.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
If you’re unhappy with any aspect of our service, please get in touch. Just contact our Customer Service Team in any of the following ways:
- Phone 1850 81 22 20*
- Webchat via sseairtricity.com
- Via post, to SSE Airtricity Customer Service, SSE Airtricity, Red Oak South, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
on 1850 81 22 20^. Or if you prefer, you can email email@example.com
Our postal address is:
SSE Airtricity Customer Service,
Red Oak South,
South County Business Park,
OUR SERVICE COMMITMENT
- Our advisers are here to help and should be able to resolve your query there and then. If not, we’ll arrange a time to call you back with a proposed solution including a full explanation of the issue. If we’re at fault, we’ll apologise and do everything we can to rectify it.
- We aim to reach an appropriate resolution of your complaint within three days - if for any reason we don’t respond to your complaint or contact you within 10 working days you will be entitled to compensation as set out in our Customer Charter.
- Some issues are more complex and may take longer to resolve. We’ll always keep you updated along the way. If you are not satisfied with the way your issue has been handled by our Customer Service Team, you can ask to speak to one of our supervisors.
- If we have still not resolved your issue or you’re unhappy with the outcome, you may raise your issue with the Escalations Manager, who will be happy to speak with you. If your issue remains unresolved your complaint will be referred to our Customer Service Manager.
- We aim to provide you with a final answer within two months. You may experience a delay if we’re unable to reach you, if information is not available to us or if certain technical procedures are required.
- If your complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, we’ll provide you with a final response in writing and refer you to the CRU for an independent review of your complaint.
- The account holder, recognised agencies or any third parties who are confirmed as acting on behalf of the account holder can contact us if you are unhappy with the service.
When to contact the energy regulator
If you’ve already followed our complaints procedure and you’re not happy with our proposed resolution to your complaint you can refer your complaint to the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).
The CRU plays a role in relation to dealing with unresolved issues with respect to energy suppliers. You can contact the CRU in writing, via email or by phone:
The Customer Care Team, Commission for Regulation of Utilities, P.O. Box 11934, Dublin 24
Tel: 1890 404 404^
Fax: 01 4000 850
We’ll implement any action requested by the CRU within 14 days. We’ll also aim to make any CRU ordered payment to you within 14 days, or within one billing period where compensation is in the form of credit to your account.
If we fail to meet our Customer Charter commitments, we’ll apply compensation within 14 days. Compensation will be added to your account or made payable via cheque at the point that the complaint is closed.
Useful contact information
By phone: 1850 81 22 20^
Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webchat:Digital Customer service Team via sseairtricity.com
Our webchat service is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm.
Customer Service SSE Airtricity,
Red Oak South,
South County Business Park,
If you have any problems with your electricity supply you should contact ESB Networks on 1850 37 29 99^.
If you have any problems with your gas supply you should contact Gas Networks Ireland on 1850 20 50 50^.
^These calls will be charged at local rates from any landline in the Republic of Ireland, calls made from mobile phones will cost more.