Our sustainable schools programme, Operation Energy, was launched in October 2011 to help students, parents and entire communities tackle green issues and promote sustainability. We work in conjunction with Eco-Schools NI.
Operation Energy provides an interactive website for teachers and pupils with energy-focused teaching resources, activities and games, which support learning across the Northern Ireland curriculum.
Since launching, over 110 schools have registered to the programme, with the potential to influence over 10,000 students. Almost 4000 lessons plans and activities have been downloaded, resulting in well above 2000 hours of teaching time.
By joining Operation Energy you're going to benefit from the following:
- 10 Different eco topics, with lesson plans to support Foundation, KS1 and KS2 learning.
- Over 60 activity ideas, supporting sustainable learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Exciting online games and a gallery to upload pictures of your favourite Eco-Schools activities.
- Activities designed specifically to help your school progress through the Eco-Schools process.
- 3 great competitions with loads of amazing Operation Energy prizes up for grabs throughout the school year.
Visit the Operation Energy website
Eco-Schools Northern Ireland
We're the principal sponsor of Eco-Schools Northern Ireland, an international environmental education programme for schools which links environmental awareness in the entire school with curriculum subjects.
Schools and teachers can find out how to register, the process to becoming an Eco-School and more information through the Eco-Schools NI website.
If you're a school or teacher looking for materials to use in your classroom or curriculum, please contact us.