What's the difference between 24H, Economy7 and Powershift?
24H, Economy 7 and Powershift are the three different types of Keypad meter tariffs. Only one tariff will apply to your meter.
If you're on the 24 Hour (or Standard) tariff, you'll pay one flat rate for electricity, no matter what time of day it is.
If you're on Economy7 you'll have two rates: a day rate and a separate cheaper night rate. Night rates apply between 1:00am - 8:00am in winter (2:00am - 9:00am in summer).
Powershift customers have three rates:
- Low applies between midnight and 8:00am every day, and also between 7:00pm and midnight on weekends
- Normal applies between 8:00am - 4:00pm and 7:00pm to midnight on weekdays, and 8:00am - 7:00pm on weekends
- Peak applies between 4:00pm - 7:00pm on weekdays only.
The times above are winter time, add one hour for summer time e.g. Low applies between 1:00am and 9:00am every day.
Which one applies to my meter?
Most KeyPad customers will be on 24 Hour (Standard) rates. If you're not sure, press '3' on your meter and check the display:
- 'Unit rates and number of units used' will display if you're on 24 Hour rates
- 'Unit rates DL (Domestic), CH (Central Heating) and HW (Hot Water)' will display if you're on Economy7.
You will only be on Powershift if you previously requested it.