I'm moving into a new property. What do I need to do?

To ensure a smooth and reliable expereince while using this, we strongly recommend you use a modern browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher, ideally version 11+).

What can I do?

  • You may already have Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer installed on your computer. We recommend you use one of the browsers. If you don't have any of these, you can download them for free.
  • Talk to your company's IT department, which may be able to provide you with an alternative browser.

Help Centre

I'm moving into a new property. What do I need to do?

New customers

If you want to open an SSE Airtricity account for your new property, you can:

If your old property is with a different supplier you should also contact them to close your account.

To sign up you will need:

  • The MPRN of your new property
  • Your move-in date 
  • Meter reading(s) from your new property on the day you move in 

If you can't find your new MPRN, try your landlord (if applicable) or the previous occupiers, or check if there are any old electricity/gas bills around.0345 601 9093

Existing customers

You'll need to close the account in your old property first, and then open an account for the property you are moving into. You can do these at the same time by calling our Home Moves team on 0345 601 9093 (Monday to Friday, 8am – 6.30pm). Find out what details you need to supply if you're moving house.

Moving House