It’s best to contact us on the day you move
By contacting us on your last day we can make sure your final meter reading and bill will be as accurate as possible. If you’re moving on a weekend, you can call us the following Monday.
Don’t forget to tell us though – you’ll be responsible for all charges at your old address until we’ve been notified.
There’s a few details you’ll need
All customers who are moving out of a property need to provide us with:
- Meter readings from your last day in the property (or as close as possible)
- Forwarding address so we can send out your final bill
- If you’re renting: contact details for the new tenants or your landlord
- If you’re selling: contact details for the new occupants.
Supplying new contact details is optional, but if you don’t do it the supply to your old address may be disconnected (and you may incur a fee).
You can transfer your account as well
You can transfer your SSE Airtricity account to your new property at the same time you’re notifying us of your move; you’ll just need these additional details:
- The MPRN of your new property – this changes every time you move
- Meter reading(s) from your new property on the day you’re moving in (this is optional, but it helps make your first bill more accurate)
You can find your new MPRN on any previous energy bills from your new property. If you don’t have a bill contact our Customer Service team with your meter number – this is a 6 to 8 digit number located on the front of your meter (may also be labelled ‘Property of’).
It’s easy to let us know
You can notify us of your move or transfer your account to your new address by:
You’ll need to have your SSE Airtricity account number and current MPRN on hand as well
You’ll know it’s gone smoothly if..
We’ll send your final bill to your new address within 7 days.
If you’re also transferring your SSE Airtricity account to your new property you’ll receive your first bill within 4 to 6 weeks – depending on whether we need to switch your property over to SSE Airtricity.