How do I make a complaint?
We're sorry to hear that you're not happy
At SSE Airtricity we're committed to delivering the very best in customer service. However, sometimes things do go wrong, and if this happens we promise to listen to your complaint and do our best to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know more about how we treat complaints, see our Code of Practice on Complaint Handling.
How do I make a complaint?
There are four ways you can contact us to make a complaint:
- Online: You can register a complaint online at any time by filling out our online complaint form.
- By phone: Contact our Customer Support Team on 0345 601 9093. Our phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
- By email: Email us on email@example.com with the details of your complaint, remembering to include your SSE Airtricity account number and home address.
- By post: You can write to us at:
SSE Airtricity Energy Supply (NI) Ltd.,
3rd Floor, Millenium House,
17-25 Great Victoria Street,
How long will it take to be resolved?
If you contact us by phone and speak to a Customer Support Agent, we can often resolve the problem there and then – a quick conversation is usually all it takes to put things right.
If we cannot fix your problem immediately, we promise to do so as soon as we can. Our agents will tell you what we need to do and arrange a time to call you back with a proposed solution and a full explanation of the issue that occurred.
If we were at fault, we will apologise.
If you contact us by post, by email or via the online complaint form, a Customer Support Agent will be in touch with you.
In the majority of cases we will be able to resolve your problem within three days of having received your complaint. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days you will be entitled to compensation.
What can I do if I'm still not happy?
We aim to resolve all complaints either immediately or within three days. However, occasionally problems are more complex and this is not possible.
- If your problem is not resolved, or you are not happy with the way it was handled by our Customer Support Team, you can request to speak to a supervisor.
- If you are still unsatisified, you can ask to speak to our Escalations Manager, who will be happy to deal with you.
- Should your issue remain unresolved your complaint will be referred to our Customer Service Manager.
- If you're not happy with our response you can also contact the Consumer Council for Northern Ireland, which is an independent body that seeks to resolve complaints.
Their contact details are:
The Consumer Council for Northern Ireland,
28-32 Alfred street
Telephone: 0800 121 6022