Contact us, we’re here to help
If you pay by direct debit
If you know you won’t be able to cover your next direct debit payment, call us at least 5 working days before the due date on your bill to discuss your options. If your direct debit is returned unpaid, you will incur a charge from SSE Airtricity and your bank may also charge you a fee.
If your direct debit is returned unpaid three times, you will have to:
- Pay a security deposit of £125
- Switch your payment method to non-direct debit, losing any direct debit discounts.
What you can do
There are a few things you can do to help you with your bills:
- Sign up for eBilling: If you choose to receive your bills online and not by post we’ll give you a discount, bringing the cost of your future bills down.
- Sign up for direct debit: Switching to direct debit as your payment method will also entitle you to an additional rate discount.
Spread the cost of your bill
You can spread the cost of your bill by making regular top-up payments during your billing period. These payments can be made at any time using any of our payment options (even if you’re on direct debit).
When we issue your bill, any payments you’ve made up to 5 days before the end of your billing period will be deducted from your bill amount – so you’ll only have to pay what’s left.
If you’re on direct debit, any payments made up to 5 days before the payment due date on your bill will be deducted from your direct debit amount.
Difficulty with payments
If you’re having trouble paying your bills and you’ve built up significant arrears we’ll work out a payment plan with you so you can pay off your balance in instalments.
If you have a bill query
If your bill is higher than normal, it usually means one of the following:
- It may have been calculated on an estimated reading
- Your rates may have gone up if you changed from direct debit or cancelled eBilling
- Your usage could have changed
If your bill was estimated, you should check your meter and submit a reading. After this, if you still feel your bill is inaccurate, please let us know at least 5 days before the payment due date and we won’t charge you until your query is resolved.