Our website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website without modifying your cookie settings you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.

Change to SSE Airtricity Republic of Ireland at any time using the links provided.

All Moving House topics

I'm a tenant and I'm moving out. How do I transfer the account to my landlord?

If you’re moving out of a rented house you’ll need to:

  1. Email our 'Moving Home' team at movinghome@airtricity.com or call on 0345 601 9093 with all the details you need to close your account
  2. Contact your landlord and let them know that they will need to contact us directly to take over the account.

To help, you can submit your landlord’s name and contact details when you close your account but unfortunately you can't transfer the account directly to them for data protection reasons.

This is your responsibility, if you don’t let your landlord know what to do, your old property may be disconnected and you might be liable for the charges.


Pay your bill your way. We have lots of payment options including online, bank, post office, cheque and phone.

Learn more about ways to pay

Contact Us?