Last Updated: 17 April
At SSE Airtricity we’re committed to supporting efforts to limit and delay the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve is our number one priority. Please be assured we’re operating as normal and will endeavour to continue doing so.
We continue to monitor and assess the situation across all of the jurisdictions we operate in and are working in line with Governments’ latest guidance, updating our approach as it evolves.
We’re doing everything we can to continue the same level of service that you’re used to in the coming weeks. We will continue to provide regular updates here on our website and also via our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
We understand this is a challenging and uncertain time for many of our customers. If you do have concerns about paying your energy bills, we’ll work with you to find a resolution together, just call us on 0345 601 9093.
As you can appreciate, our priority is to focus our efforts on ensuring we take the care of our most vulnerable customers and those with prepayment meters. To help us help as many people as possible, we’d kindly ask you, where possible, to register your online account through our website, where you can manage your account through our self-service application.
We’re here to answer your questions
- Call 0345 601 9093 - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Live Chat - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am - 6pm
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice for Customers with prepayment meters
We recognise some of our customers may be impacted over the coming weeks and may be required to stay indoors and self-isolate.
There are a number of steps we are advising customers with prepayment meters to consider. Please make a list of neighbours, friends and family who live nearby and can support you by visiting outlets for you if you are not in a position to leave your home.
For customers with Electricity Prepayment Meters:
If you have an electricity prepayment meter, there are some steps you can take if you feel unwell or need to self-isolate:
- Please remember SSE Airtricity customers can top up at PayZone, PayPoint and Post Office locations. You can also top up online or by calling 0345 601 9093 - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm.
- Make a list of neighbours, friends and family who may be able to assist you topping up
- Know who your supplier is, share that information with your helping neighbours, friends and family and give them your meter box key so they can access the meter if it is outside
- Consider topping up your meter more frequently to ensure your meter always has enough credit.
For customers with Gas Prepayment Meters:
If you have a gas prepayment meter, there are some steps you can take if you feel unwell or need to self-isolate:
- Please remember that gas top-ups can only be purchased at a PayPoint Outlet. This means you must bring your card to the shop.
- Make a list of neighbours, friends and family who live nearby and might be able to top up your card if you cannot leave your home.
- Know who your supplier is, share that information with your helping neighbours, friends and family and give them your meter box key so they can access the meter if it is outside.
- Consider topping up your meter more frequently to ensure your meter always
If you are unsure how to top up your meter or require further information on your prepayment meter, we would like to highlight that all suppliers have in place a Code of Practice on Services for Customers with Prepayment Meters which can be viewed here or requested from us directly.
Please be assured our priority remains maintaining our service and power to our customers and helping people to stay safe and healthy.