Moving Premises

To ensure a smooth and reliable expereince while using this, we strongly recommend you use a modern browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher, ideally version 11+).

What can I do?

  • You may already have Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer installed on your computer. We recommend you use one of the browsers. If you don't have any of these, you can download them for free.
  • Talk to your company's IT department, which may be able to provide you with an alternative browser.

Help Centre

All topics

Moving Premises

I'm moving, what do I need to do?

On the day you are moving out take a meter read and get in touch with us. Have your SSE Airtricity account number and your new address to hand. If you receive your bills by post we will send your final bill to this new address. It will also be really helpful if you can give us the name of the new occupier/the landlord/the estate agent.

To continue making savings on your electricity, don’t forget to sign up your new premises.

My tenants are moving out, what do I need to do?

Take a meter read on the day your tenants are moving out. On the same date get in touch with us. Have the meter read available and also the SSE Airtricity account number or MPRN number and a forwarding address - if your tenants receive their bills by post we will send the final bill to this address.

You'll also need the details of the new tenants moving in, including their bank details (otherwise they will have to pay a deposit). If you don't have these details, or if new tenants aren't moving in, the supply will transfer into your name. If this is the case, please have your bank details to hand or you'll need to pay the deposit.

I moved out and forgot to tell you, what should I do?

If you've moved and forgot to tell us please contact us immediately. Have your MPRN/SSE Airtricity account number to hand. As the named person on the account you're responsible for the energy consumption until you notify us that you're moving out. If you took a meter read on the move-out date please have this to hand, otherwise we will estimate the closing read. We will also need your new/forwarding address and the name of the new occupier/landlord/letting agent. If they accept the charges from your move-out date we will backdate the charges, otherwise we'll have to charge you up to the notification date. 

To continue making savings on your electricity, don’t forget to sign up your new premises.

The meter reading on my bill is incorrect. What do I do?

If the meter reading on your bill is incorrect (or doesn’t match the reading on your meter) this usually means your bill was calculated on an estimated reading.

Your bill may be estimated if:

  • We didn’t receive a meter reading during your billing period
  • You submitted a reading but it was rejected by the networks
  • We received your meter reading on time

Estimating the difference 

If you’re still worried about the difference between your actual meter reading and the one on your bill, here's a quick guide to work out how much your bill will be affected:

  • 30 kWh = Less than £5
  • 60 kWh = Less than £10

*Note: These are estimates, and don’t include standing charges, other taxes/fees or VAT. When to contact us

If your meter reading is significantly different to the one on your bill you should call our dedicated Customer Service Team on 0345 266 1787 at least 5 working days before your Payment Due Date. We'll cancel your direct debit (if applicable) and you won't be charged until we've resolved your query.

Have a question?

Our Customer Service Team is here to help

0345 266 1787

Monday to Friday