The global energy crisis is a serious challenge for homes and businesses across Ireland, and at SSE Airtricity we’re committed to helping you when you need it.
Our friendly, professional team is here to listen to you and treat you with respect and understanding. There are lots of things we can do to help make your energy bills more manageable. If you have any questions about your SSE Airtricity account, get in touch with us today and we’ll do everything we can to help. We will work with you to find a solution, no matter how big or small it may be.
Managing your bills
There are lots of things we can do to help make your energy payments easier to manage.
- If you're a prepayment meter customer, you’ll find helpful information about topping up, replacing cards or keys and emergency credit info here.
- Switch to direct debit and eBill if you haven’t already, this is a simple way to save on your energy bills. Log in to My SSE Airtricity to update your details.
- Did you know you can make prepayments off your bill before it’s issued? This can help you budget if you are paid weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You can do this quickly and easily with our handy app or by logging in to My SSE Airtricity.
- Providing meter reads to us ensures your bills are accurate and that you only pay for actual usage and not estimated usage. Submit your meter reads online or with through our mobile app. We can send you a free, handy reminder when a meter read is due, so you’ll never have to worry about estimates again. This can also be set up online or on our mobile app.
- As an existing customer you may be eligible to renew your contract and avail of a better rate. Find out more about renewal offers here.
We understand that keeping on top of your energy bills can be difficult. If you’re worried about your energy costs, there are some things we can do to help you.
If you’re finding your energy bills difficult to manage, our team will help you to:
- Devise a repayment plan that suits you
- Adjusting your payment methods to find one that works best for you
- Share resources and details of experts who can help advise on your debt
Call us to discuss your payment options
Call our dedicated Customer Service Team on 0818 81 22 20 so we can explain your bill to you and arrange a payment plan if you need one. We are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
As your energy use can change throughout the year, we recommend you submit regular meter reads so you only pay for what you use.
We can also review your account to make sure you’re on the best rate available for you. We may have additional discounts for you if you pay by Direct Debit and switch to eBilling.
Find out more here.
If you’re already on a payment plan with us and your circumstances have changed, we are here to help you.
Call us to review your payment plan
Call our friendly Support Team on 0818 81 81 11. We’ll discuss the different solutions available for you to help manage your account. We are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.
We can also refer you to the money advice service MABS. MABS are a support agency who can help households manage their finances. Their services are free and fully confidential to use.
Pay as you go meter
Some customers prefer to have a pay as you go meter installed to allow for better budgeting. This meter allows you pay for your energy before you use it, meaning you will not receive any unexpected bills. It can also help you to manage arrears. Call our dedicated Customer Service Team on 0818 81 22 20 to find out more about eligibility.
We know that some of our customers may have special requirements or need a little extra help at this time.
Critical Care Customers
If you depend on any electrical medical equipment then please complete a Critical Care Form - this can be requested on sign up, or at any stage by contacting our Customer Service Team on 0818 81 22 20. We are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm. Vulnerable customers on the Critical Care register won’t be disconnected for not paying their bill.
We know that some of our customers may have special requirements or need a little extra help. We offer a range of special services including braille, talking and large print communications. If it is easier, you can also nominate a contact to discuss your account on your behalf. Vulnerable customers should contact our Customer Service Team on 0818 81 22 20. We are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm. Customers on our Priority Services register won’t be disconnected during the winter months for not paying their bill.
Further information on our special services is available here.
Last year SSE Airtricity established the customer support scheme, which includes a range of measures designed to support customers, households and individuals who are experiencing significant challenges in dealing with the rising cost of living. These measures total up to €25m including a price promise which will offset this price change for around 60,000 eligible customers.
During winter 2021, we offered financial support to 7,000 customers in long term debt.
Earlier this year, we made a €1 million donation to St Vincent de Paul (SVP) to support households in need of financial assistance. Read more about SSE Airtricity and St Vincent de Paul here.
At SSE Airtricity, we’re committed to working with our customers and supporting you when you need it most. We’ll contact eligible customers directly through September with the details of further supports following our recent price change announcements.