It's the small things that make a big difference for our planet. So, we’ve put together a few tips to help you make a difference on your day out at the zoo.
- Cycle, walk, or take the train – making this small change can help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Bring a blanket and some reusable utensils so you can enjoy a picnic on the grass at Haughton House, or at one of the 55 picnic tables in Dublin Zoo – all made entirely of recycled plastic!
- Don’t forget your reusable cup or pick up a Dublin Zoo bamboo cup with a 20% discount for SSE Reward members. Plus, SSE Reward members can also get free tea and filtered coffee at the zoo during the months of May and June.*
- Take your reusable water bottle and look out for our water refill stations around the zoo. So far, Dublin Zoo visitors have saved the use of 166,343 plastic bottles by using our refill stations.
- After your picnic, leave no trace and remember to take your rubbish with you. You’ll find lots of recycling bins dotted around the zoo.
- Take the Eco Explorer challenge. Download the Eco Explorer app to follow our Sustainability Trail and learn more about recycling, biodiversity and what you can do at home.
Remember: It’s all about the choices we make and how small changes add up to make a big difference. Thanks for being part of Generation Green.
*For full terms and conditions visit ssereward.ie.