What do I do if my gas appliance is defective or unsafe?

To ensure a smooth and reliable expereince while using this, we strongly recommend you use a modern browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher, ideally version 11+).

What can I do?

  • You may already have Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer installed on your computer. We recommend you use one of the browsers. If you don't have any of these, you can download them for free.
  • Talk to your company's IT department, which may be able to provide you with an alternative browser.

Help Centre

What do I do if my gas appliance is defective or unsafe?

If your gas appliance is defective or unsafe you should report this by email to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC). You can contact them by email at productsafety@ccpc.ie.

Your email should include:

  • The subject "Unsafe Gas Appliance".
  • The body of the email should include the make, model, manufacturer, when and where the product was purchased.

The CCPC is one of the market surveillance authorities and the competent authority in Ireland for safety of domestic gas appliances.

For further information and other contact methods please visit https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/product-safety/.

Non-domestic gas appliances should be reported to the Health and Safety Authority (HSA). More information can be found at https://www.hsa.ie/eng/topics/market_surveillance/.

Faults and Emergencies