Marketing and sign up
Code of Practice on Marketing & Sign Up
We will ensure your switch to SSE Airtricity is conducted in a transparent and fair manner.
We want to give all consumers and customers full confidence and trust in the responsible marketing of SSE Airtricity’s energy supply and home energy services.
Customer sign up
We’re committed to ensuring that your switch to SSE Airtricity is conducted in a transparent and fair manner. We’re committed to protecting customers against unwanted, unfair or misleading marketing and advertising methods. This includes making sure you understand what you need to do in terms of any allowance you receive.
At the beginning of your sign up we’ll provide you with a quality assurance checklist. Once you have signed up there is a 14 day cooling off period, which begins when you receive your post-sign up communications. There is no penalty for cancelling your switch during the cooling off period. We will give you a cancellation form in case you change your mind. We’ll provide a full post-sign up confirmation with the details of the product you’ve signed up to and a copy of your contract and terms and conditions.
Our field representatives will always carry identification showing their full name, photograph, SSE Airtricity business address and contact number. They’ll inform you of the nature of their visit, ask if you wish to progress further, leave if requested and let you know how to be removed from our contact list.
All our field and telesales representatives receive regular training to make sure they always work to the highest possible standards. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees of representatives do not exploit a person’s inexperience or vulnerability or apply undue pressure when marketing to a customer.
Unless agreed with you in advance, we’ll never call to your home on Christmas Eve, or on any public or bank holiday, or outside 9am to 9pm on weekdays and 9am to 7pm on Saturdays.
Telephone marketing and sign up
Our team will always identify themselves, advise that they are calling on behalf of SSE Airtricity and let you know the purpose of the call. They will provide a contact number if requested. If at any time during a phone conversation you don’t wish to continue please let us know and we’ll terminate the call. We’ll never call you for marketing purposes on Christmas Eve, on any public or bank holiday, on Sundays or outside 9am to 9pm on weekdays and 9am to 7pm on Saturdays.
SSE Airtricity Sales Guarantee
At SSE Airtricity we are committed to ensuring that your switch to us is conducted in a transparent and fair manner.
- Any information we provide to you about our own products and rates, and those of our competitors, will always be accurate and fair
- We won’t mislead a customer
- We’ll always ask you to complete a quality assurance check when you sign up
- When you sign up with a field representative at the door, at an event, through our call centre or online, we’ll send you an email/ letter confirming the details of the product you selected and of how you can cancel if you wish to
- If you are misled during our sales process and pay more for your energy with us we will compensate you
Marketing online and offline - undertakings
- Provide our name, address, contact numbers and email address.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure our marketing material is appropriate for the customers we are marketing to, accurate, easy to understand, provided in plain and accessible language, outlines clearly the product being marketed and the period it covers.
- Give you complete, accurate, fair and transparent representations of both our own and our competitors’ products, services and all related charges, including standing charges.
- Make comparisons on a like for like basis, with the data source and date clearly presented.
- Provide you with a method to ‘opt out’ of future marketing activities (phone, email, door to door and SMS), and add you to our ‘no contact’ database if requested. We’ll send written confirmation that your details have been removed from our marketing database if requested, free of charge.
- Present all of our tariffs in a clear and transparent manner that conforms to current Commission for Regulation of Utilities CRU Energy Supplier obligations.
- Establish if you are eligible to register as a Vulnerable Customer and the steps required. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees and representatives, do not exploit a person’s inexperience or vulnerability or apply undue pressure when marketing or advertising to a customer.