How do I top up my meter?
Where to buy top ups
You can buy a top up through the following:
- Online through sseairtricity.com (debit cards only)
- Go to any PayPoint outlet or Payzone outlet in the Republic of Ireland
- Phone our Customer Service team on 1850 81 22 20 (Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm). These calls will be charged at Lo Call rates from any landline in the Republic of Ireland, calls made from mobile phones will cost more.
You'll need your prepayment card details, and your top-up amount can be between €10 and €100.
How to apply your credit to your meter
- Go to your Pay-as-you-go meter and Press the '*' button once on the keypad. The message 'Key Code' will be displayed
- Key in all digits of your power code. If you enter a wrong digit press the '*' button to go back
- Once all 20-digits are entered press the '#' button, if entered correctly an 'Accepted' message will display.
What to do if your power code is rejected
If you receive a 'Rejected' message after entering your power code, you will receive a further error message. Wait until this message clears then start again.
If you have any further problems please see our Troubleshooting guide.