Our website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website without modifying your cookie settings you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.

Change to SSE Airtricity Northern Ireland at any time using the links provided.

All Moving House topics

My tenants are moving out. What do I need to do?

If your tenants are moving out, they must close their account with us directly and you should also take a meter reading on the day they move. If they have absconded you can provide the final reading.

If the supply is being transferred into the name of a new tenant

You’ll need to give us the name and phone number of the new tenant as well as the up-to-date meter reading from the date they move into the premises. They will then have to open a new SSE Airtricity account with us.

If the supply is being transferred into your name

If you don't have the name of the new tenant or there is no tenant moving in, you will need to transfer the supply into your name to avoid disconnection. This means you’ll have to open an account with us if you don’t already have one.

To transfer the supply into your name, you’ll need:

  • The MPRN for electricity/GPRN for gas (on the right hand corner of the bill)
  • Meter reading from the day your tenants moved out
  • The date you’re taking over the account
  • Your bank details (direct debit only).

If you choose not to pay by direct debit, you will be asked to pay a security deposit of €300.


Are you getting all of our discounts? Sign up to eBilling and Direct Debit for the best rates.

Learn more about our discounts

Contact Us?