Our website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website without modifying your cookie settings you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.

Change to SSE Airtricity Northern Ireland at any time using the links provided.

All Moving House topics

How do I transfer the SSE Airtricity account for my rental property to my new tenants?

You can’t transfer the SSE Airtricity account for your rental property into your tenants’ names, for data protection reasons. Your tenants will have to contact us directly to set up an SSE Airtricity account.

If the account is currently in your name or the name of a previous tenant, it must be closed and any outstanding balance paid off. Find out what details you need to supply to close the account.

Outstanding credit balances

If your account is in credit when you close it, the credit will be refunded to you. You will need to call us to let us know how you wish to receive this refund (i.e., cheque or EFT)

Let us know who’s moving in

When you’re closing your account, you should supply contact details for your new tenants. It’s important to let us know who is taking over the account or your rental property may be disconnected and you will then have to pay both disconnection and reconnection charges.


You don’t have to submit meter readings – but your bills will be more accurate if you do.

Learn more about meter readings

Contact Us?