Our website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website without modifying your cookie settings you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.

Change to SSE Airtricity Northern Ireland at any time using the links provided.

All Moving House topics

How do I transfer my SSE Airtricity account to my new property?

Your account is specific to your property, so you can’t transfer it when you move. You’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account for your new home. You can do this by:

To close your existing account, you will need:

  • Meter readings from your last day in the property
  • Your new address so we can send your final bill
  • Contact details for your old property – either the landlord if you were renting or the new occcupiers if you were selling.

To open your new account, you will need:

  • For electricity – the MPRN of your new property
  • For gas – the GPRN of your new property
  • Meter reading(s) from your new property on the day you move in (this is optional, but it helps make your first bill more accurate).


You don’t need to wait for your bill to start paying it. Make extra top-up payments at any time using any payment method you like.

Learn more about top-up payments

Contact Us?