Last Updated: April 2021
At SSE Airtricity, the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve will always be our number one priority.
A message from Klair Neenan, Managing Director SSE Airtricity:
We know the last 12 months have been challenging for homes, businesses and communities across Ireland. However, it has also shown us the great strength that comes in working together.
As an energy provider our focus is always on how we can help and support our customers; and our teams continue to do so while working safely from their own homes.
I would encourage any of our customers that are struggling with their energy costs at this time to reach out to our teams who will work with you to find a solution.
Rest assured, we will continue to monitor for, and adopt to, updates to the public health guidance as the health and safety of our teams and our customers remains the utmost priority at this time.
Our Customer Service Team:
We continue to provide our full range of services to customers over the phone and via our online channels. As our teams continue to work from home you may experience a delay with some of our services; and we appreciate your patience and support with this. We’re here to help:
- Call 1850 40 40 70^ - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Live ChatMonday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am - 6pm
- Facebook chat @sseairtricity and Twitter @sseairhelp – Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am – 6pm.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gas Boiler Service, Repair & Replacement Priority Appointments – Call 1850 81 81 70^ Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Check out our listof Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
Self-Service through your online account
Many of your day-to-day interactions with us can be carried out on our online self-service portal. To make sure we can quickly deal with our most in need customers, we’d ask that, where possible, you log on to your online account first. You can log in or register your online account if you do not already have one.
To receive the best SSE Airtricity discounts, sign up for paperless billing
If you currently receive your SSE Airtricity bill by post you can switch to paperless billing through your online account. Instead of receiving your SSE Airtricity bill by post we will send you an email notifying you when your bills are ready to view online. Learn more about paperless billing discounts.
Concerns about paying your energy bills:
There are many ways to pay your bills. If you have concerns about paying your energy bills, we’re committed to working with you to find a resolution together. We would encourage any of our customers who are having difficulties with their energy costs to contact our teams who will work with you to find a solution and help reduce any further concerns around your payments.
To speak with a member of our team simply call us on 1850 40 40 70^.
Free and independent advice:
You may find it helpful to talk to Money, Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) about your personal finances. You can call their helpline on 0761 07 2000 or email email@example.com. Their opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm.
Submitting your meter readings:
As part of the ‘Framework for living with COVID-19’ all indoor meter readings by networks will only happen with the customers agreement under Level 4 and Level 5 restrictions. We continue to encourage you to submit meter readings where it is safe to do so. Your energy usage may have changed over this period and providing us with an actual meter reading will ensure you get billed for the energy you have used.
- Simply make a note of your reading from your gas or electricity meter, or both. If you need help on how to read your meter, visit our meter reading page.
- Submit your meter reading online.
- We’ll use your reading to more accurately calculate the energy you’ve used for your next bill.
Gas Boiler – Service, Repairs & Replacements
You can book your boiler service anytime online. Call us on 1850 818 170 Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll respond within one working day.
If an engineer is required to call to your house, they will be fully equipped with personal protective equipment following the latest government and expert advice. Following this advice, we’ll ask for your co-operation to observe a social distance while we complete our work.
Prepayment Electricity Customer
We recommend that you always keep your electricity meter topped up. Where possible, we advise customers who can, to top up online.
Important information for Pay As You Go Gas Customers on Emergency Credit:
- Once the credit on the meter drops to a low level you will be offered ‘Emergency Credit’.
- The amount of Emergency Credit for gas offered to a customer is €10
- This can be borrowed until you can buy some more credit.
- When you want to use your Emergency Credit, insert your Gas Card into the meter. When the Emergency Gas Credit is offered, you can accept it by pressing the red Button A.
- If you’re already in emergency credit, this must be cleared before you can avail of the new emergency credit.
- Find more information on prepayment meters, how to access emergency creditor visit Gas Networks Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our list of Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
^Charged at Lo Call rate. Rates from landline and mobile companies may vary so please check with your operator.