Last Updated: July 2020
At SSE Airtricity, the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve will always be our number one priority. Our teams are working hard to maintain our essential services and power to customers all over Ireland.
I’m delighted to say our team have been safely working from their homes which has enabled us to operate as normal and provide the award-winning service that our customers have come to expect from us.
We’re committed to helping our customers and playing our part to help communities get through this crisis together. We’ve reduced our gas and electricity prices and we want our customers to know we’re here if you need us. If you have any concerns about your energy bills, please contact us and we’ll find a resolution together.
The global pandemic has affected us all, but it has also demonstrated only concerted, focused effort can solve a crisis – and that goes for the climate emergency too. We believe this is Generation Green, and by working together and making small changes we can all overcome the challenges that lie ahead.
In the meantime, we’ll continue powering homes and business around Ireland while helping communities enjoy a greener, more sustainable future.
Thank you and stay safe,
Our Customer Care Team:
We continue to provide our full customer service to our customers over the phone and via our online channels. We’re here to answer your questions
- Call 1850 40 40 70^ - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Live Chat- Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am - 6pm
- Facebook chat @sseairtricity and Twitter @sseairhelp – Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am – 6pm.’
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gas Boiler Service, Repair & Replacement Priority Appointments – Call 1850 81 81 70^ Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (exc Bank Holidays)
- Check out our list of Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
Concerns about paying your energy bills:
We’ve many ways to pay your bills. But if you’ve concerns about paying your energy bills, we’re committed to working with you to find a resolution together. To speak with a member of our team simply call us on 1850 40 40 70^.
Submitting your Meter readings:
Electricity and Gas Meter readings were suspended for a short period of time, therefore we encourage you to submit meter readings where it is safe to do so. Your energy usage may have changed over this period and providing us with an actual meter reading will ensure you get billed for the energy you have used.
- Simply make a note of your reading from your gas or electricity meter, or both. If you need help on how to read your meter, visit our meter reading page.
- Submit your meter reading online
- We’ll use your reading to more accurately calculate the energy you’ve used for your next bill.
Gas Boiler – Service, Repairs & Replacements
Our Home Energy Services team are back out servicing, repairing and replacing gas boilers and operating as usual. Covid 19 measures will be in place to protect our customers and our teams. Book online here or call us on 1850 81 81 10^.
Self-Service through your online Account
Our online self-service website allows you to undertake many of your day to day interactions with us. To make sure we can quickly deal with our most in need customers, we’d ask that, where possible, you log on to your online account first. You can log in or to register your online account.
Prepayment Electricity Customer
We recommend that you always keep your electricity meter topped up. Where possible, we advise customers who can, to top up online.
Important information for Pay As You Go Gas Customers on Emergency Credit:
- The amount of Emergency Credit for gas offered to a customer is €10
- Once the credit on the meter drops to a low level you will be offered ‘Emergency Credit’.
- This can be borrowed until you can buy some more credit.
- When you want to use your Emergency Credit, insert your Gas Card into the meter. When the Emergency Gas Credit is offered, you can accept it by pressing the red Button A.
- If you’re already in emergency credit, this must be cleared before you can avail of the new emergency credit.
- Find more information on prepayment meters, how to access emergency creditor visitGas Networks Ireland.
Whether it’s eating in or camping out, we’ve some great SSE Reward discounts available to our SSE Reward customers. Check out ssereward.ie
Frequently Asked Questions
^These calls are charged at LoCall rate. Rates from landline and mobile companies may vary so please check with your operator.