Last Updated: October 2020
At SSE Airtricity, the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, customers and the communities we serve will always be our number one priority.
A message from Klair Neenan, Managing Director SSE Airtricity:
As Ireland has now moved to Level 5 of the ‘Framework for Living with COVID-19', I want to reassure our customers that we will continue to comply with government guidelines while supporting you over the coming weeks. 2020 continues to be a challenge for homes, businesses and communities across Ireland. However, it has also shown us the great strength that comes in working together. Earlier this year we reduced our prices, helping customers save over €100 on their annual energy bills. We’ve also promised to keep these reductions in place by freezing our prices this winter to give you added peace of mind and certainty around your energy costs.
We’re committed to helping our customers and to being flexible when you need us. While we will not be disconnecting any properties during Level 5 restrictions, I would encourage any of our customers who are having difficulties with their energy costs to reach out to our teams who will work with you to find a solution and help reduce any further concerns around your payments.
Thank you for choosing SSE Airtricity.
As an energy provider our focus is always on how we can help and support our customers; and our teams continue to do so while working from their own homes.
Rest assured, we will continue to monitor for, and adopt to, updates to the public health guidance as the health and safety of our teams and our customers remains the utmost priority at this time.
Our Customer Service Team:
We continue to provide our full range of services to customers over the phone and via our online channels. As our teams continue to work from home you may experience a delay with some of our services; and we appreciate your patience and support with this. We’re here to help:
- Call 1850 40 40 70^ - Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Live ChatMonday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am - 6pm
- Facebook chat @sseairtricity and Twitter @sseairhelp – Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am – 6pm.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gas Boiler Service, Repair & Replacement Priority Appointments – Call 1850 81 81 70^ Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Check out ourlist of Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
Concerns about paying your energy bills:
There are many ways to pay your bills. If you have concerns about paying your energy bills, we’re committed to working with you to find a resolution together. We will not be disconnecting any properties during Level 5 restrictions; however, we would encourage any of our customers who are having difficulties with their energy costs to contact our teams who will work with you to find a solution and help reduce any further concerns around your payments.
To speak with a member of our team simply call us on 1850 40 40 70^.
Free and independent advice:
You may find it helpful to talk to Money, Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) about your personal finances. You can call their helpline on 0761 07 2000 or email email@example.com. Their opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm.
Submitting your meter readings:
As part of the ‘Framework for living with COVID-19’ all indoor meter readings by networks will be suspended at Level 5. We continue to encourage you to submit meter readings where it is safe to do so. Your energy usage may have changed over this period and providing us with an actual meter reading will ensure you get billed for the energy you have used.
- Simply make a note of your reading from your gas or electricity meter, or both. If you need help on how to read your meter, visit our meter reading page.
- Submit your meter reading online.
- We’ll use your reading to more accurately calculate the energy you’ve used for your next bill.
Gas Boiler – Service, Repairs & Replacements
In line with the government list of essential services, our Home Energy Services team are operating as usual; servicing, repairing and replacing gas boilers. In the event that there is a callout from our team, rest assured Covid-19 measures are in place to protect our customers and our teams. Book online here or call us on 1850 81 81 10^.
Self-service through your online account
Many of your day-to-day interactions with us can be carried out on our online self-service portal. To make sure we can quickly deal with our most in need customers, we’d ask that, where possible, you log on to your online account first. You can log in or to register your online account.
Prepayment Electricity Customer
We recommend that you always keep your electricity meter topped up. Where possible, we advise customers who can, to top up online.
Important information for Pay As You Go Gas Customers on Emergency Credit:
- Once the credit on the meter drops to a low level you will be offered ‘Emergency Credit’.
- The amount of Emergency Credit for gas offered to a customer is €10
- This can be borrowed until you can buy some more credit.
- When you want to use your Emergency Credit, insert your Gas Card into the meter. When the Emergency Gas Credit is offered, you can accept it by pressing the red Button A.
- If you’re already in emergency credit, this must be cleared before you can avail of the new emergency credit.
- Find more information on prepayment meters, how to access emergency creditor visit Gas Networks Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our list of Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
^Charged at Lo Call rate. Rates from landline and mobile companies may vary so please check with your operator.