Moving Premises

To ensure a smooth and reliable expereince while using this, we strongly recommend you use a modern browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher, ideally version 11+).

What can I do?

  • You may already have Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer installed on your computer. We recommend you use one of the browsers. If you don't have any of these, you can download them for free.
  • Talk to your company's IT department, which may be able to provide you with an alternative browser.

Help Centre

All topics

Moving Premises

I'm moving, what do I need to do?

On the day you are moving out, take a meter read and get in touch with us. Have your SSE Airtricity account number and your new address to hand. If you receive your bills by post, we will send your final bill to this new address. It will also be really helpful if you can give us the name of the new occupier/the landlord/the estate agent.

To continue making savings on your electricity, don’t forget to sign up your new premises.

My tenants are moving out, what do I need to do?

Take a meter read on the day your tenants are moving out. On the same date, get in touch with us. Have the meter read available and also the SSE Airtricity account number or MPRN number and a forwarding address - if your tenants receive their bills by post we will send the final bill to this address.

You'll also need the details of the new tenants moving in. If you don't have these details, or if new tenants aren't moving in, the supply will transfer into your name. If this is the case, please have your bank details to hand or you'll need to pay the deposit. 

I've moved into a property that has been disconnected, what do I do?

Please contact our dedicated Business Energy team on 1850 81 21 44^.

^Charged at Lo Call rate. Rates from mobile phones may vary so please check with your operator. 

I moved out and forgot to tell you, what should I do?

If you've moved and forgot to tell us, please contact us immediately. Have your MPRN/SSE Airtricity account number to hand. As the named person on the account you're responsible for the energy consumption until you notify us that you're moving out. If you took a meter read on the move-out date please have this to hand, otherwise we will estimate the closing read. We will also need your new/forwarding address and the name of the new occupier/landlord/letting agent. If they accept the charges from your move-out date we will backdate the charges, otherwise we'll have to charge you up to the notification date. 

To continue making savings on your electricity, don’t forget to sign up your new premises 

1850 81 21 44^ 

Monday to Friday

^These calls will be charged at Lo Call rates from any landline in the Republic of Ireland, calls made from mobile phones will cost more.