Marketing and Advertising
At SSE Airtricity we are committed to ensuring that your switch to us is conducted in a transparent and fair manner.
Any information we provide to you about our own products and rates, and those of our competitors, will always be accurate and fair.
We want to give all customers full confidence and trust in the responsible marketing of SSE Airtricity’s energy supply and related services.
We will adopt a fair and transparent approach to the marketing and advertising of our products and services. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure our marketing material is easy to understand, accurate, specifies clearly the product being marketed and the period it covers.
We will ensure that our employees or representatives and agents do not misrepresent SSE Airtricity or portray other suppliers in a negative or inaccurate way. Or exploit a customer’s inexperience, vulnerability or apply undue pressure when marketing to a customer.
You may also be marketed and advertised to by Third Party Intermediaries (“TPIs”) who are independent energy brokers, over whom are unrelated to SSE Airtricity.
SSE Airtricity will:
- Give you accurate, fair and transparent representations of both our own and our competitors' products, services and all related charges, including any or all standing charges.
- Where we make comparisons this will be on a like for like basis, with the data source and date clearly presented.
- Provide you with a method to 'opt out' of future marketing activities, and add you to our 'no contact' database if requested.
- Make you aware of all offer terms and conditions and the offer duration when advertising special promotions or offers.
- Display our standard terms and conditions on our website.
- Present all of our tariffs in a clear and transparent manner that conforms to CRU guidance
- Where our fixed rate tariffs contain components which are or may be subject to change, this will be highlighted clearly in any sales literature and you will be made aware that these components are subject to change.
Where we advertise discounts these will be set out fairly, clearly and transparently in plain English
If you have any queries in relation to SSE Airtricity Business Energy Code of Practice on marketing and advertising, you can contact our dedicated Business Energy Team on 1850 81 21 44^ by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via webchat at sseairtricity.com/business (Our team is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm).
You can read our full Code of Practice document here.
^Calls will be charged at Lo Call rates from any landline in the Republic of Ireland, calls made from mobile phones will cost more.